This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#87659 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 pm
law wrote:I just recently starting getting an occasional garbled incoming voice and I suspect it may be due to something changed in the new firmware. I have never had that problem before, although I have only been using my Telo about a month. I have a 5 Mbps incoming, 1 Mpbs outgoing cable connection, and I was not doing any downloading during the call. This is a new issue for me, so I think something has changed.

If your Ooma connection is Modem-Ooma-Router, try setting your Ooma Setup Quality of Service Upstream and Downstream Internet settings to 80% of the measured Upload and Download speeds as measured by http://www.speedtest.net/. Access Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages opens, and then click on the Advanced tab, to make these settings. After making the settings, click on Update, reboot your Ooma Telo, and test.
#87703 by recompress
Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:21 pm
I apparently received this update yesterday or day before - not sure exactly.

News to report is that it rendered my Ooma Bluetooth adapter non-functional. First-level support had me remove the adapter from the Ooma Telo and plug it into my computer to see if the light blinks (it does in the computer, but doesn't in the Ooma). Received a case number and was transferred to second level support.

Second level support said that this was a firmware issue, asked if my Bluetooth adapter said "Ooma" on it (it does), and indicated that they would be pushing a new firmware update to me at some undisclosed time in the future and that I would receive an email from support once it had been done.

I reported the issue via email yesterday and got no response. I then called this afternoon (about 8 hours ago) and was told the information shared above. No news yet on a further update, and no email yet from support.

And my bluetooth adapter is still busted, which is bothersome on many levels. I'll report back if it gets resolved.
#87704 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:56 am
recompress:
I saw on another post where the poster's Bluetooth Adapter wasn't working. What they did was insert the adapter all the way into the Ooma Telo USB port, then pulled the adapter out just slightly, and their Bluetooh adapter started working again. I don't know it it will work for you, but it's worth a try.
#87705 by recompress
Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:02 am
Thanks thunderbird. I read that and tried it but no love... and that sounds to me like a hardware issue rather than something a firmware update would fix, but I'm not qualified to determine that for sure.

The TS folks as mentioned asked me if the BT adapter was blinking when it was in the Ooma and had me remove it and insert it into my computer and asked the same. Ooma: no blink. Computer: blink. Result: firmware update required.

Still waiting for the update... nothing new this morning.
#87786 by DTR
Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:54 am
My garbled incoming audio has gotten worse with 49339. I guess there's no hope that 49680 will help it either since that was a BT fix.
#87905 by jamgold
Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:28 pm
jamgold wrote:My Telo received 49339 yesterday afternoon. So far no complaints.

today I had to hang up on a conference call after a couple of minutes since the incoming audio became unintelligible
#87908 by thunderbird
Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:45 pm
jamgold wrote:
jamgold wrote:My Telo received 49339 yesterday afternoon. So far no complaints.

today I had to hang up on a conference call after a couple of minutes since the incoming audio became unintelligible

I wonder if there is something in the post below, as far as setting QoS, that may help you???? Maybe not???

FX4 wrote:I'll read up on the 3200, and give you some guidance. The one thing I'm not clear on is if you shut shaping off on the Ooma hub is if DiffServ is shut off. My ISP respects DiffServ, your ISP may or may not. I'm not entirely certain I agree with Thunderbird about shutting of QoS when you are behind the firewall because when you shape traffic your voice reservation sends out packets at a regular interval. Set it right and jitter is greatly reduced. Set it too high and you get an underflow condition. Set it too low and you get an overflow condition. This is practical theory and I do not fully know how Ooma has implemented shaping on their products. What I do understand is that Ooma shapes to the available upstream bandwidth so it's important that you perform bandwidth test and set your upstream reservation correctly.