This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#87622 by jg1948
Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:07 pm
I have a different problem with this firmware. Seem to be getting disconnects on incoming calls as well as outgoing ones. This is just a normal call on outgoing. Didn't have the problem with other firmware.
#87630 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:16 pm
jg1948 wrote:I have a different problem with this firmware. Seem to be getting disconnects on incoming calls as well as outgoing ones. This is just a normal call on outgoing. Didn't have the problem with other firmware.

The first thing to do for disconnects:
To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Reboot your Modem, when the Modem is done booting reboot your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Reboot your Modem. When the Modem is done booting reboot your Router, when the Router is done booting, reboot your Ooma device.

Note: Reboot means remove power, then plug power back in for the device in the order listed above.
#87635 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm
jg1948 wrote:My telo is set to use built in automatically. Problem started with this firmware, any other ideas?

INTERNET Port MAC Address: has three settings.
Automatic:
Use Built in:
Use Custom:

Your answer "use built in automatically" don't make sense.

Be sure that you INTERNET Port MAC Address: is set to Use Built in:.

How is your Ooma device connected, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?
#87638 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:15 pm
jg1948 wrote:My Telo setup is modem-router-ooma and is set to use built in. Any other ideas for disconnects.

To help stabilize your Internet connection, reserve in your Router a permanent IP address for the Ooma device.

If your Router doesn't reserve permanent IP addresses, a static IP address can be assigned in Ooma Setup.
I can provide instuctions for that procedure if needed.
#87642 by jg1948
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 pm
Already have it set for static ip address and have all the preferred settings for QOS and everything else. Just started with this firmware as garbled voice being worse.
#87645 by thunderbird
Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm
jg1948 wrote:Already have it set for static ip address and have all the preferred settings for QOS and everything else. Just started with this firmware as garbled voice being worse.

The next step, I would call Ooma Customer Support:

If they find that your Ooma device is defective, and your Ooma device is withing the one year warranty period, they will send out another Ooma device shipping prepaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma device back.
#87651 by jg1948
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:37 pm
Called Ooma as suggested confirmed internet speed and everything ok on connection. Garbled voice was there on first support person. Gave me reference # and waited for second person on corded phone directly connected to telo. Voice became garbled with them as well, she put me on hold and phone disconnected after waiting awhile. Called back and could no longer get thru to support, will try tomorrow again.
#87656 by law
Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 pm
I just recently starting getting an occasional garbled incoming voice and I suspect it may be due to something changed in the new firmware. I have never had that problem before, although I have only been using my Telo about a month. I have a 5 Mbps incoming, 1 Mpbs outgoing cable connection, and I was not doing any downloading during the call. This is a new issue for me, so I think something has changed.