This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#85924 by JJHOTH
Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:02 pm
Well the while on a call when 2nd line rings all get dumped is back....

I was surprised at the outage this morning, I design and build data centers so having a partial power issue realy does not give me the warm and fuzzies,but understand the " that should never have happened "

I can also state I have done everything to fix my second line issue that was on my last post. MAC address and all was done.. Just an hour ago a 2nd call came in while the wife was on the 1st line, the telo and all phones began to ring continuously an yup both calls were dumped. OOMA support PLEASE had to stop the wife from drop kicking the telo! I have set my folks up with a unit with the same service and equipment no issues.. I've been a huge supporter but this is getting old.. 20Mb download 5Mb upload bandwith is not a problem...
#85939 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm
JJHOTH wrote:Well the while on a call when 2nd line rings all get dumped is back....

I was surprised at the outage this morning, I design and build data centers so having a partial power issue realy does not give me the warm and fuzzies,but understand the " that should never have happened "

I can also state I have done everything to fix my second line issue that was on my last post. MAC address and all was done.. Just an hour ago a 2nd call came in while the wife was on the 1st line, the telo and all phones began to ring continuously an yup both calls were dumped. OOMA support PLEASE had to stop the wife from drop kicking the telo! I have set my folks up with a unit with the same service and equipment no issues.. I've been a huge supporter but this is getting old.. 20Mb download 5Mb upload bandwith is not a problem...

For testing, trade your folks Ooma device and test your Ooma device at your folks place, and test your folks Ooma device at your home, and see if the problem follows your Ooma device, or stays in your home.
#87419 by hth
Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 pm
I am having the exact same problem with the two line cutoffs. When on one line and another call comes in, both calls are lost and sometimes it is necessary to power off the Telo in order to regain service. I reported this to OOMA tech support over two weeks ago with no response. They told me that it was because I have wireless broadband that I'm having this problem, but my speed, up and down, plus ping response times are good. They are burying their head in the sand and not admitting that they have a design problem. If anyone is interested I will provide my trouble ticket.

If you are having this problem and you are on cable, DSL etc. please let me know. This needs to be fixed now!
#91868 by hth
Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:33 am
This problem still exist, months after it being reported. It just happened to me again and for that matter every time I'm on a call and another call comes in it dumps the first call. I can answer the second call and talk OK, but the first call has been cut off. Sure wish this would be fixed, as it has become a very serious issue with me. Incident # 111212-000971
#94819 by markcooper555
Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:52 pm
hth,

Have you heard of any resolution from Ooma? I've been having (or rather I should say my wife has been having this problem for a few months). I opened my own case with Ooma support: My Ooma telo is on a static IP address, we fooled around with the QoS setting, ran network speed tests, etc. The problem didn't seem to occur when I was on the phone with support, so there's some condition I haven't clued into yet. However, it happened again yesterday--a second call came in and we had to reboot the telo device to get any phone service.

My wife has given me another week to see if Ooma can be saved otherwise I've been ordered to look at PhonePower and other VOIP providers. I have been VERY pleased with the Ooma features and call quality; however, the second line issue is a deal-breaker.

Anyone else out there having this same issue or heard of a resolution?
#94821 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:01 pm
One user having this issue found the culprit. Are you in similar situation?

PetalumaRealtor wrote:Problem Corrected.
I found what was causing my problem. I had my telo right next to the base of my Panasonic cordless phone. When a second line rang the signals were interfering with each other trying to ring the telo handsets and the Panasonic handsets. I moved them about a foot apart and all is well. :D
#94829 by markcooper555
Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:34 pm
I did see that response. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I use the telo handsets, so there's no other cordless phone system in the same room as my telo base station. The Telo base is at least 14 inches from any other electronic device (laptop, wired telephone, cell phone, wireless router, etc.) I wish my problem were that easy to fix.