This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#84122 by electriclm
Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 am
When Non-Ooma customers call my Ooma number they get the message "The number you have dialed is unallocated". I have Ooma Telo that has been active for 9 - 10 months. My guess is that the local phone carrier has for some reason deactivated the number. I have sent numerous emails with no response to Ooma Customer Service. I have called Ooma Customer Service and They want me to call the local carrier. Which is ludicrous. I have service with Ooma and they should be the one to call them.
#84123 by murphy
Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:53 am
Have one of your callers, that can't get through, call their phone company and complain that they can't reach a known working number. The caller's phone company doesn't have their forwarding tables configured properly. They are more likely to listen to one of their own customers.
#84160 by electriclm
Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:05 am
While that may get the local carrier to do a check. They will not resolve the issue unless Ooma and the carrier doing the blocking get together to resolve the issue.
#84163 by electriclm
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:45 am
Alright, Ooma did something. They sent me an email saying the issue had been resloved. But still non-Ooma customers receive the message "The number you have disled is unallocated". Now I can't make out going calls.
#84169 by thunderbird
Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:59 am
electriclm wrote:Alright, Ooma did something. They sent me an email saying the issue had been resloved. But still non-Ooma customers receive the message "The number you have disled is unallocated". Now I can't make out going calls.

I would fire the Ooma E-mail right back to Ooma telling them what your problems still are. (Of coarse in a nice way).