This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#81052 by akajustm
Tue May 10, 2011 9:39 am
I've seen it mentioned in some posts, but I can't seem to figure out how to apply a "fax mode". I have a hub, is that a Telo setting? If so does that mean it's only *99 for me?
thanks
#81053 by lbmofo
Tue May 10, 2011 9:40 am
Fax mode is only for Telo.
#81056 by murphy
Tue May 10, 2011 9:43 am
roadchild wrote:I've seen it mentioned in some posts, but I can't seem to figure out how to apply a "fax mode". I have a hub, is that a Telo setting? If so does that mean it's only *99 for me?
thanks

The hub automatically detects an incoming fax and switches to fax mode.
*99 is still needed for outgoing faxes.
#81057 by akajustm
Tue May 10, 2011 9:52 am
Thanks for the info guys, not what I wanted to hear but thanks all the same.
I was hoping it was something I could set in the hub to try to help with jitter issues.
#81122 by theb
Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 am
murphy wrote:The hub automatically detects an incoming fax and switches to fax mode.

Is this still true? I need the line to accept faxes at all times. I currently have a Telo, but leaving it in fax mode obviously degrades the voice quality and introduces echo. If I disable fax mode, the voice quality is just fine. But, as I said, I need the fax mode enabled all the time.

Could I buy a Hub and use that instead? Would the voice quality be just like if fax mode is disabled on the Telo. And, would it automatically switch into fax mode when receiving a fax?
#81124 by tomcat
Wed May 11, 2011 10:06 am
theb wrote:
murphy wrote:The hub automatically detects an incoming fax and switches to fax mode.

Is this still true? I need the line to accept faxes at all times. I currently have a Telo, but leaving it in fax mode obviously degrades the voice quality and introduces echo. If I disable fax mode, the voice quality is just fine. But, as I said, I need the fax mode enabled all the time.

Could I buy a Hub and use that instead? Would the voice quality be just like if fax mode is disabled on the Telo. And, would it automatically switch into fax mode when receiving a fax?

If you have premier and don't already have a second number, you could request a second number and set it to fax mode. Then, have all faxes sent to that second number. May not be the best solution for you, but at least a possible alternative to consider. :?:
#81134 by theb
Wed May 11, 2011 11:26 am
Yes, I could go the premier route. I'm just trying to avoid that.
#81138 by lbmofo
Wed May 11, 2011 11:39 am
In the future, Ooma plans to make Telo do the same (auto detect fax) but not sure what the timeline is.

theb, you heard of k7.net free incoming fax to email?