This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#78697 by blackiris
Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:22 am
We have been having problems with our Ooma system for the past couple of months. The problem is, the first time you dial a number it will ring the other person but they can't hear me or the call is immediately dropped. If I call them immediately back it will go through as normal. Also if someone is calling me, often they will note the first time then call me they will get a dial tone and if they call right back it will go through normally. Please help! If I can't this this fixed I will have to change to another service, or find a good Divorce Lawyer.
#78699 by thunderbird
Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 am
blackiris wrote:We have been having problems with our Ooma system for the past couple of months. The problem is, the first time you dial a number it will ring the other person but they can't hear me or the call is immediately dropped. If I call them immediately back it will go through as normal. Also if someone is calling me, often they will note the first time then call me they will get a dial tone and if they call right back it will go through normally. Please help! If I can't this this fixed I will have to change to another service, or find a good Divorce Lawyer.

First turn off MAC address Spoofing, which often causes conflict with your modem and/or router, in you Ooma device by accessing Ooma Setup with a computer connected with a network cable to your Ooma device's Home port. Type in http://172.27.35.1 in you computer's browser's window. The Ooma setup page opens. Select the Internet Setting page, go down to INTERNET port MAC Address: and select "Use Built-In" MAC Address. Click on Update Device button below. Reboot your Modem and router.
Test by calling people that you are having problems with and than have people that are having problems call you, call you.

If you are still having problems, post here how you have your Ooma device setup, Modem-Ooma-Router or Modem-Router-Ooma?