This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#76332 by EA PA
Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:57 pm
Here is a weird one. I disconnected street copper from NIB. Connected OOMA to wall. I have dial tone from every phone. I have a 5.8GHz Vtech wireless and a 5.8GHz Uniden wireless with bases connected to house common copper and OOMA handset energized.

On IB call, all ring including OOMA handset. I pick up the Vtech and hit the Phone (green - used to connect) button to answer as usual - hear nothing and all phones keep ringing including the Vtech. I answer the Uniden, and connect. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it myself..

HUH? any clues :?:
#76380 by EA PA
Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 am
To expound a bit, I have (had) 2 lines coming into network box outside. Then they continue via standard Cat5 terminated via RJ11 in the box to the Clip Block in the basement. I have the 2 RJ11 disconnected in the external box. After disconecting, I made sure that the dial tones for each line were dead. I plugged OOMA into wall jack and have been using a combination of the older phones and handset as well. As I said in the other thread, very few problems until last few days.