This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#76498 by eycamry
Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 pm
No luck. She used 3 other phones, one was with a different area code, but none of them came through. Nothing showed up in my call logs. I did open another line, she still could not get through. I forwarded calls to my cell phone, that did not help neither. Any other suggestions?
#76523 by eycamry
Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:25 pm
Currently it is modem-router-ooma. I am having no problem with any other calls. When I first set it up, it was modem-ooma-router, I was having so much delay and statics. But how is it relevant to my problem now? If I should have problem with this setup, I would have problem with all incoming calls, not just specific ones. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am quite new to VOIP. Thanks.
#76529 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:04 pm
eycamry: Some things to try.
To make sure that the router isn't blocking any ports, reserve a static IP address in your router for the Ooma device. Next place the Ooma device's IP address in your router's DMZ. Reboot router, than reboot Ooma device.

Something else to try:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by temporaily plugging in a network cable from the Ooma Telo’s “Home” port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the network cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1 in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
e. Select the “Update button”.
f. Do a “cold boot” of the modem.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the Router.
h. After the router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device.