COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

Post by lbmofo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:04 pm

EA PA wrote:My OOMA speaks to me today....

I verified that I have the new firmware and tested my delay to connect to cell issues. After about 1/2 dozen tries without *98, my problem seems to have gone away. So far so good on a preliminary series of tests. Based on previous situations where issues pop back up combined with this being a slow traffic day (weekend), I'll try and hold back a bit, but so far so good... :cool:
Good to hear. Crossing fingers.
BTW, I see that huynhl made it to your signature? :shock:
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

danlisman
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:16 am

Re: COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

Post by danlisman » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 pm

EA PA wrote:My OOMA speaks to me today....

I verified that I have the new firmware and tested my delay to connect to cell issues. After about 1/2 dozen tries without *98, my problem seems to have gone away. So far so good on a preliminary series of tests. Based on previous situations where issues pop back up combined with this being a slow traffic day (weekend), I'll try and hold back a bit, but so far so good... :cool:
Thank you for keeping this thread updated. I have the new firmware, but am afraid to call my syster-in-law's cell without *98. She had the highest failure rate, but it is just too maddening to contend with another bad connection. I am not ready to chance it. Sometime when she visits here I will borrow her cell and test without bothering her. She says I can test the non-connection problem any time but her tone says it better work perfectly. She has no compassion for Ooma. :shock:
Get rid of satellite/cable. Buy DVR to Pause-Rewind-Record live antenna HDTV.
http://MustardTree.eCRATER.com

User avatar
EA PA
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 am

Re: COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

Post by EA PA » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:26 pm

[/quote]
Good to hear. Crossing fingers.
BTW, I see that huynhl made it to your signature? :shock:[/quote]

Ah good eye lbmofo - you caught that eh? I thought it was a nice touch eh? Ill update it every month as I move to break even.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

User avatar
EA PA
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 am

Re: COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

Post by EA PA » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

danlisman wrote:
EA PA wrote:My OOMA speaks to me today....

I verified that I have the new firmware and tested my delay to connect to cell issues. After about 1/2 dozen tries without *98, my problem seems to have gone away. So far so good on a preliminary series of tests. Based on previous situations where issues pop back up combined with this being a slow traffic day (weekend), I'll try and hold back a bit, but so far so good... :cool:
Thank you for keeping this thread updated. I have the new firmware, but am afraid to call my syster-in-law's cell without *98. She had the highest failure rate, but it is just too maddening to contend with another bad connection. I am not ready to chance it. Sometime when she visits here I will borrow her cell and test without bothering her. She says I can test the non-connection problem any time but her tone says it better work perfectly. She has no compassion for Ooma. :shock:
LOL - why is it always the women? Anyway, I tried again a few times a few hours later and still good to go. Even using my phones phonebook finally - touch n go. :cool: BUT, that said, I have been fooled before ;) . I'll give it a week before I finally call it a win.

Speaking of women, you should have seen my brides expression while I am exploring OOMA's new voice on each of the buttons and responding "Ahhhh" "OOOO" - hysterical - rolling eyes and shaking head :P priceless
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

User avatar
EA PA
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 am

Re: COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

Post by EA PA » Thu May 05, 2011 10:46 am

Update: I have been free of the 10 second delay to connect to cell phones for a few weeks now. It seems to be coincident with the latest rollout of code. However, I do not know if the software resolved the issue, or if OOMA et al. finally resolved it in hardware. For now, I am *98 free, hopefully for good.
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

danlisman
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:16 am

Re: COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

Post by danlisman » Fri May 06, 2011 12:51 pm

EA PA wrote:Update: I have been free of the 10 second delay to connect to cell phones for a few weeks now. It seems to be coincident with the latest rollout of code. However, I do not know if the software resolved the issue, or if OOMA et al. finally resolved it in hardware. For now, I am *98 free, hopefully for good.
After seeing your post I called my syster-in-law's cell without *98. (Her cell number had the highest failure rate for 10 seconds of silence before connecting). Everything sounded perfect. No delays or complaints. I think improvements actually occurred a couple of weeks before the last firmware update, but no one ever took any credit for changing anything.
Thanks Ooma, keep up the good work.
Dan
Get rid of satellite/cable. Buy DVR to Pause-Rewind-Record live antenna HDTV.
http://MustardTree.eCRATER.com

User avatar
EA PA
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 am

Re: COMMON THREAD - CELL PHONE I / THEY CAN’T HEAR ISSUES

Post by EA PA » Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 pm

danlisman wrote:
EA PA wrote:Update: I have been free of the 10 second delay to connect to cell phones for a few weeks now. It seems to be coincident with the latest rollout of code. However, I do not know if the software resolved the issue, or if OOMA et al. finally resolved it in hardware. For now, I am *98 free, hopefully for good.
After seeing your post I called my syster-in-law's cell without *98. (Her cell number had the highest failure rate for 10 seconds of silence before connecting). Everything sounded perfect. No delays or complaints. I think improvements actually occurred a couple of weeks before the last firmware update, but no one ever took any credit for changing anything.
Thanks Ooma, keep up the good work.
Dan
Excellent! Glad to hear. I asked around the house if everyone stopped using *98. I found out that most are using it anyway. :shock:

Looks like it will take some coaxing to get them to STOP using *98. Its always something!
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier

Post Reply