This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#75350 by Cataphract
Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 am
I have come across a very weird issue when calling Magicjack #'s with Ooma. I have given MJ's to my folks, my wife's folks and her sister, all of them live overseas but the MJ has a local # from my own calling area.

So everything was fine and I was able to communicate with all three MJ #'s from my landline. Once i switched to Ooma, when i try to call any of those 3 #'s, it rings two times and then everything goes silent on my end, no tone, nobody talking etc..and then in a few seconds, I get the dialtone back on my ooma phone. All the while the parties on the other side say that they pick up the phone and start talking but can't hear a thing on our side.

This is happening consistently on all Three MJ #'s. I am able to call the MJ #'s just fine if I call using my cell phone or even from my office. They are able to call my Ooma # just fine from their MJ #. The only problem is placing calls from my Ooma # to the MJ #.

Has anyone else experienced this? I would really like to find a solution to this as it has frustrated my wife to no end and she is almost to the point where she is beginning to think this was a bad decision as over 50% of our calls are those 3 #'s.

Any help solving this problem is greatly appreciated.