This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#74836 by AlphaGrey
Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:15 pm
Hi,

I just installed my Telo last week, I have it installed behind my router. I have my land line plugged into the tevo. I can hear my outgoing calls just fine, but my incoming calls are nearly impossible to hear as the volume is so low. Can I increase the volume of the incoming caller?

Thanks,
-Steve
#74937 by dbgtnt
Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:38 pm
I'm having the same problem. New Telo. Call volume is almost imperceptible on voice messages, too. Calls are quiet irrespective of whether I have the Telo in "integrated mode" or on a separate line.
#76582 by rblim
Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:14 am
I'm having the same problem. Voicemail messages drop out due to low incoming voice levels.
Using the cable plugged into the Telo with a normal Bell System instrument works fine; levels are much louder.
How to we fix or adjust this? I've lost enough VMs to cause me to reconsider using ooma.
Thank you.
#76596 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:02 pm
Make sure you have your Ooma devices volume control set to it's highest level. Make sure your phone volume is set to highest level.

Test, making calls, with "Only" one phone connected to you Ooma device's Phone port, with no other phones or nothing else connected to the Ooma device's Phone port. Make sure nothing is connected to the Ooma device's Home port for this test. That way you will know if something else is dragging down the Ooma devices phone signal. If the phone signal is loud and clear coming and going, with only one phone connected to the Ooma device, than the Ooma device isn't the problem.

If there are still problems with low phone signal, than it probably is an Ooma problem and you need to contact Ooma Support.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#76608 by lbmofo
Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm
rblim wrote:I'm having the same problem. Voicemail messages drop out due to low incoming voice levels.
Using the cable plugged into the Telo with a normal Bell System instrument works fine; levels are much louder.
How to we fix or adjust this? I've lost enough VMs to cause me to reconsider using ooma.
Thank you.

Are you using your Ooma in landline integration mode where you are feeding your landline dialtone to your Ooma's wall port? If so, we have reported issues of voicemail greetings not coming on when people call.

I'd suggest calling Ooma customer service, get a number assigned from Ooma and have your Ooma run in standalone mode where it won't depend on ladnline dialtone in the "wall" port.