This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#75401 by Glacier
Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:00 pm
thunderbird wrote:Glacier:
Your didn't say if there was less delay with the Ooma device placed ahead of your router?

I did not try it when I was talking to Ooma customer service... we were more concerned about the printer. May have to try that again.

Has Ooma pushed the firmware update for your Ooma Telo to Device Status - Rev: 1.43368?

Not sure what this means.

What is the name and model numbers of your Modem and Router?
Linksys WRT 54G Ver 2

Did you configure your Ooma device to use "Built-in" MAC address, accessing "Ooma Setup" through the Ooma device's "Home" port?

Not that I no of....
#75405 by thunderbird
Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm
Glacier:
Try this, it adds stability to you system:
a. Access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a network cable from the Ooma Telo’s “Home” port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the network cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
d. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
e. Select the “Update button”.
f. To see what your firmware version is, in the navigation window, go down and click on “Status”. It should be or will be after the latest update that is going on now, Device Status – Rev: 1.43368.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the modem.
h. Do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or Router, which ever device is next in line.
i. After the Ooma device or router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma device or router, which ever device is next in line.

I would try connecting the Ooma device behind the modem and ahead of the router, at least for a period of time for troubleshooting and testing.
#75458 by Glacier
Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:47 am
Thanks... I will try this when I get some time to devote to it and report back.