This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#73520 by AD_Mega
Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:56 am
I use to have verizon fios at my old place and ooma was crystal clear. I can only get comcast at my new place. I hear a buzzing sound while using ooma on comcast. Any suggestions on how to make the buzz go away?
#73564 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm
Did you add a router to the mix after you got cable internet? Have you tried hard wired phone and see if same noise?
#73576 by AD_Mega
Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:30 pm
Different modem and router so that may be the problem. I'm using concast RCA modem and linksys WRT54G router.
#73577 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:33 pm
Do you get the buzz if you use a corded phone?
#73592 by JacobsLive
Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 pm
I would suggest you check your upload speed using speedtest.net. Some areas particularly in apartments Comcast has worst service. If your upload speed is stable try connecting Modem->Ooma->Router. If you are connecting Modem->Router->Ooma, make sure that your router is plug-n-play model as Ooma might be trying to open some ports and for outbound/inbound traffic and that might be failing.
#73705 by AD_Mega
Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 pm
I have it connected modem-router-ooma. I don't have a wired phone so i haven't tried that. I bought a new router but still hear a little buzz but it is less noticable.