This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#72609 by rb9999
Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:19 pm
I recently ported my number over from Time Warner Cable. I have 10 MBITS down 0.5 MBITS up cable internet service. Several times this week my wife was using the phone to talk to friends when after about 20 minutes they said they were having problems hearing her. She should hear fine, but they were having problems hearing her.

I have my Ooma Telo connected before my router. So its my Cable Modem, then the Ooma Telo and then the router.

My Telo was previously set up as 384 upload on setup.ooma.com and I lowered it to 350 just to see if that makes any difference. I just did that so I don't know if it will help.

Any suggestions appreciated.
#72616 by Leeway
Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 pm
I have Time Warner Cable. I had U-Verse before I moved here recently and both work the best with your Ooma pugged into the router. ie. not between anything.

Don't forget to reboot everything if you decide to give it a try.

Donna
#72695 by rb9999
Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 am
I set the box up behind the router as many people suggested here. It seems to be working fine now. You would think that the results would have been better the other way.