This forum includes tips for maintaining the best audio quality possible with the Ooma System. If your Ooma system is having issues with dropped calls, static audio or echo, look here for assistance.
#69139 by gottago
Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:16 pm
Hi,

I am a 2 year ooma user, we purchased the very first promo with a lifetime membership. At first the quality was GREAT! We never had a problem using two phone numbers. One being our business phone that we used for everything from overseas calls, video conferences and US long distance. All was good until about three months ago.

Now, no matter what I do, no matter where the ooma router is, how is configured, tuned etc. IT FAILS! I am porting off our number because our customers have showed enough frustration with the terrible quality of calls. Loss of words, sentences, total digital failure somewhere.

It is a Mess. I called and spoke with the customer services or tried to.....they also blamed my highspeed comcast connection but my ping and speed could not be better.

I hope OOMA can fix the issue. I will check back and hope they fix the problems since I have a lifetime to wait.

Best wishes to all here and those in customer service that spent hours trying to help.

CYA!

:)
#69143 by DTMF
Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 pm
Ping and speed are not the only factors in an Internet connection's ability to carry VoIP traffic. Latency and jitter are important, too. Check your connection at http://myspeed.visualware.com/indexvoip.php and post the numbers here, so we can advise you whether your connection is at fault.

Recommend you run the test at various times during the day, since cable modem connections are shared with your neighbors. If your neighbors (or you) are fans of file sharing or streaming Netflix, that could be affecting your connection's ability to send and receive VoIP traffic.