Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#70806 by jenb
Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:54 pm
Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried several times. All I get is a canned response, if I get a response. I've been calling almost daily and everytime the customer no service rep tells me that someone will respond that day. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. I wish I hadn't spent $360 on this already. A friend suggested MagicJack the other day, it now seems to be a better solution. Hopefully someone from Ooma will respond.
#70821 by ntoy
Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 pm
jenb wrote:Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried several times. All I get is a canned response, if I get a response. I've been calling almost daily and everytime the customer no service rep tells me that someone will respond that day. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen. I wish I hadn't spent $360 on this already. A friend suggested MagicJack the other day, it now seems to be a better solution. Hopefully someone from Ooma will respond.

Hello jenb,

I understand your concerns & asked our porting team for an update. Looks like one of your numbers is set for 12/21. The other number is estimated on 12/21; we're waiting on a final date.\

Thanks for your patience!
#70829 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:28 pm
jenb wrote:A friend suggested MagicJack the other day, it now seems to be a better solution.

I've heard some horror stories about MagicJack. When the PC is busy doing something, you can kiss your voice quality good bye.

I've experienced it first hand too. A gal at work comes on conference calls often with her MagicJack. She frequently sounds like a female Max Headroom. :P

Besides, you can't port your number to MagicJack.