Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#67945 by thaehn
Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:08 am
I purchased an Ooma telco with one handset in April. I waiting until the number was ported in October, and then purchased three more handsets. I registed the other thee. One of them becaume unregistered, so I tried to re-register it. I didn't work as there were already four registered. I had to reset the telco device to factory defaults and re-register all four handsets. It isn't easy or fast. Now a week has passed, and a different handset has become un-registered. I tried to register it and got the same message that no more could be registered. Is there a way to do this without resetting to factory defaults and re-registering all four handsents every week?
#67954 by murphy
Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:35 am
*#*#191
dialed from a phone connected to the Phone port of the Telo will unregister all of your handsets.
They will all go to auto registration mode.
You can then register them one at a time.
#67975 by WayneDsr
Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:26 pm
thaehn wrote:I don't have a phone connected. I only have the handsets. That isn't the best solution either. You would think there would be a way to just re-register a phone...why did is unregister in the first place?

Murphy's solution is the very best way to do it. You don't have an old corded phone somewhere? Can you borrow one? They seem to be all over the place around here. Worse case you can buy one for 10 bucks.

Wayne