Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#67527 by bilbro
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 am
Just today I've been having a problem with incoming Ooma calls causing my Internet to drop. I'm not clear how this is happening since I have my router before my Ooma telo and nothing connected to the Home Network port. I've not noticed this behavior before today, but today whenever I'm on a call on my Ooma phone Internet service is disrupted to the rest of my network. The phone calls continue, but nothing else is working.

Any thoughts as to what is happening?
#67528 by southsound
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 am
Do you have a cordless phone connected to the Telo? Possibly a 2.4ghz or a 5.8ghz system? If you are using one of these and also use a wireless Internet connection, you have found your culprit. These systems change channels frequently and chances are that it started using the same channel that your router is using for WiFi. Even some 5.8ghz systems cause problems because they use the 2.4ghz band for control signals. I have a Plantronics CT-12 that can wipe out WiFi across the entire house when on a call. The best choice is a 1.9ghz DECT 6.0 system. Well worth the cost of switching.
#67530 by bilbro
Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 am
Thanks Southsound for the input. Yes, I do have a cordless phone but it uses DECT 6.0. It doesn't seem that type of interference is the issue.
#67602 by bilbro
Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:15 pm
Not sure how to explain it. This problem cropped up suddenly and just as suddenly disappeared. If anyone has any insight I'd be glad to hear it, but for now things seem to be good.