Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#4587 by in2dadark
Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:20 am
I've seen a post on here that said you can change your number as often as you like. But I can't get through to CS to confirm this.

I don't want to port any number, I just want to change it to a number for a different city.
Help? Is there no customer service? I emailed and stayed on hold for 1/2 an hour..???
#4590 by southsound
Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:47 am
If you are still within the ooma Premier trial, you can add another number of your choosing just by going into the lounge and selecting preferences/phone numbers. After choosing your new number, you can call customer service to have them make it your main number. This will also change your lounge login. The advantage of doing it this way is that you get to choose your number from a list of numbers in an area code/prefix.

I don't recommend email - many have said their emails have gone unanswered. The customer support number is the best way to reach someone. Be prepared to wait a while. 30 minutes is pretty typical. Use a speakerphone or cordless headset if you have one. Do something else while waiting - I built a heated propagation frame for my wife's gardening while I was on hold yesterday. When a person does answer, you will be pleased when you realize that ooma does not outsource support. It will be a knowlegeable, caring professional who will work with you until you are satisfied.
#4693 by in2dadark
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:04 pm
southsound wrote:If you are still within the ooma Premier trial, you can add another number of your choosing just by going into the lounge and selecting preferences/phone numbers. After choosing your new number, you can call customer service to have them make it your main number. This will also change your lounge login. The advantage of doing it this way is that you get to choose your number from a list of numbers in an area code/prefix.

I don't recommend email - many have said their emails have gone unanswered. The customer support number is the best way to reach someone. Be prepared to wait a while. 30 minutes is pretty typical. Use a speakerphone or cordless headset if you have one. Do something else while waiting - I built a heated propagation frame for my wife's gardening while I was on hold yesterday. When a person does answer, you will be pleased when you realize that ooma does not outsource support. It will be a knowlegeable, caring professional who will work with you until you are satisfied.

Finally got through. Thanks. I didn't have time to build anything signifigant..:>)