Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#67147 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:50 pm
ricksour wrote:I have done all this. The only thing I have a question about is the Modem and Router. I have Uverse and I think the Router and Modem are in the same tower. Any Uverse people with the 2wire respond to that. I can't separate the two devices to power them off and on separately.

I never had experience with Uverse but did a setup on Verizon Fios. Ooma worked plugging into the Fios modem that serves as a wireless router too. Is the Telo not coming up? Flashing light show means it is going through firmware upgrade. Give it some time? The two ethernet ports on the back of Ooma should also have flashing LED status lights active (in your case, only the "to internet" port LED should be flashing).

Had other Uverse users report Ooma working without having to change anything. One did have a problem with faulty ethernet cable. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8991 One reported it working after several reboots. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8986#p63501
#67919 by austinla
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:55 pm
My Ooma is now up and running. I had to switch service providers to get it working. The other would not budge on the port blocking issue.

As a final post, I want to add a few key words for future installers. If you are in South America or anywhere where Telmex is an internet option, you may want to consider another option, if there is one. In Peru, Telefonica works perfectly with Ooma, no blocking. Telmex still claims they are not blocking any ports, do not have a firewall, and cannot forward any ports. In short, if there is an option, don't go with Telmex, unless you are sure your Ooma will work in the country where you live or work.
#68005 by ntoy
Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:35 am
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that your telo is working properly!

I think they offer phone service as well. I do often wonder if one gets stuck in the phone game...