Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#66135 by unseengundam
Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:48 pm
I having trouble with Ooma scout, it keep on dropping connection to Ooma Hub. I have a Ooma Hub wall's connected to phone line and Ooma scout connected a wall jack. I have no problems with Ooma Hub connection (always has blue) light on and can use the phone. But the Ooma scout keeps on dropping connection (turns red or blank light). I have no actual phone line connected outside nor DSL, so there really shouldn't be any interference. When scout does stay connect the phone voice quality seem just fine.

This is very troublesome since my scout is connected main phone downstairs (hub upstairs). I keep on having dropped calls due scout losing connection and often can't make phone calls either since the scout again has dropped connection. :(
#66156 by ntoy
Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:14 am
Hello,

Since you have nonlandline configuration & to further isolate:

-try moving the scout, scout power supply, & phone connected to scout and move them over to the hub
-connect a phone wire from the hub's wall port directly to the scout's wall port
-power up the scout
-once the scout goes blue, try testing.

If it is stable, there maybe an issue with the wall jack or the wiring.
#66213 by unseengundam
Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:35 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Since you have nonlandline configuration & to further isolate:

-try moving the scout, scout power supply, & phone connected to scout and move them over to the hub
-connect a phone wire from the hub's wall port directly to the scout's wall port
-power up the scout
-once the scout goes blue, try testing.

If it is stable, there maybe an issue with the wall jack or the wiring.


I actually had problem with direct setup (as you described). The scout plugged directly in to "wall" of Hub gave off red light and then light went blank. It never works with direct scout -> hub connection.

Somehow it actually works 50% of time when hub goes to wall, through the phone wires, and then I connect scout to another wall jack. Kind of weird, never understood that.
Last edited by unseengundam on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#66214 by unseengundam
Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:36 pm
lbmofo wrote:Also, make sure your house wiring is disconnected from the telephone company at the Network Interface Box outside your house.


I will see if I can figure out how to do that. I actually have Verizion FIOS, I believe the phone line was connect to the Verizon FIOS ONT.
#66218 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:52 pm
unseengundam wrote:I actually had problem with direct setup (as you described). The scout plugged directly in to "wall" of Hub gave off red light and then light went blank. Somehow it actually works 50% of time when hub goes to wall and then I connect scout to another wall jack. Kind of weird, never understood that.

Does the Scout work 100% of time when directly connected to the Hub (wall to wall port) or no?
Not sure if FIOS uses the phone line or not. If it does then you might want to xmit the wall port signal from the Hub to the Scout via the 2nd pair. L1, L2, L1+L2 splitter by the Hub and Scout will do the trick unless you want to rewire the jacks by them.
#66221 by unseengundam
Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:10 pm
lbmofo wrote:
unseengundam wrote:I actually had problem with direct setup (as you described). The scout plugged directly in to "wall" of Hub gave off red light and then light went blank. Somehow it actually works 50% of time when hub goes to wall and then I connect scout to another wall jack. Kind of weird, never understood that.

Does the Scout work 100% of time when directly connected to the Hub (wall to wall port) or no?
Not sure if FIOS uses the phone line or not. If it does then you might want to xmit the wall port signal from the Hub to the Scout via the 2nd pair. L1, L2, L1+L2 splitter by the Hub and Scout will do the trick unless you want to rewire the jacks by them.


Scout 100% DOES NOT work when directly connected to Hub. The scout works about 50% of time when connected to wall -> phone line wires -> wall on hub.
#66223 by lbmofo
Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 pm
100% not working doesn't make sense when it works some of the time when connected via house wiring. Must be the phone cord you are using to connect Scout's wall port directly to Hub's wall port?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests