Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#65836 by BobB
Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:29 am
I turn off all my electronics while on vacation. As I have done before, I turn them on when I get home, only this time my Telo is flashing red. I have been using the Telo after the router and it has been working fine for months.Replacing the cables has not helped. When I connect the Telo directly to the modem the "PC" light does not light showing no connection. When I hook it directly to the router still no connection light on the router either. When the Telo is powered up I get: # 1 & #2 light up blue then go out. The trash can and the mail symbol light up blue briefly. Then the <<, stop, play, >> sequence from left to right for about a minute then go out and the Ooma symbol start flashing red.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bob
#65943 by BobB
Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:53 pm
FYI I called tech support today. Went through level 1 support with no luck. I was transfered to level 2 with no luck either. They are sending me another Telo. It seems mine won't connect with the modem. They handled the situation quickly. All is well.
Bob
#65944 by lbmofo
Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:57 pm
Among the different things tech support asked you to do, was one of them taking the ethernet cable between modem and ooma out and swapping the plugs?
#66046 by BobB
Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:32 am
lbmofo wrote:Among the different things tech support asked you to do, was one of them taking the ethernet cable between modem and ooma out and swapping the plugs?

Yes, And I even tried a new ethernet cable.
Thanks for the suggestion,
Bob