Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#64778 by 42fred
Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:02 pm
I'm just moving from a two line Packet8 to Ooma. I have two phone sockets in my basement that are the start of a whole house phone system complete with a distribution center (a 66 board). This has been in place for over 10 years. Previously, 2 packet8 modems were plugged right into the sockets and the dial tone was heard through the house. Prior to Packet8, AT&T was plugged into the same sockets with the same results. When I plug the wall connection of the Teleo into either of the sockets, I get nothing, whether I use your supplied cable or a two line cable. The system supplies 4 phones in a Star arrangement, two of which probably have 100' runs. If I hook up a phone directly to the Ooma, it works. If I add the wall connection, the directly connected phone works. When I move that phone to a test jack, nothing.
#64783 by southsound
Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:18 pm
Unfortunately, even with Premier you only have wired access to one phone line. If you have multiple numbers, you can use that physical connection with either number, but you still only have one wired connection. If you want to access the second line you need to use the proprietary Telo handsets. Major gripe for many of us that they would create a two-line ATA with wired access to only one line!
#64799 by murphy
Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:42 am
Or, as you did with Packet8, you could use two Telos to drive the two phone lines and only have one number on each Telo.
#64838 by 42fred
Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:55 pm
Wow, the one thing I didn't try; was going to test each part of the entire system for a short. Thank-you. And by the way, we're going down to one pseudo landline.