Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#102657 by yadzek
Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:37 am
just got off the phone with Tmobile. November 1, 2012
There has NEVER been a port out request.
The only port activity has been a port IN request in 2008.
The technology of OOMA is good
The ability of "customer service" is sadly lacking
I may decide to reinstall my tmo at home so I can use my number once again
#102659 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:41 am
Keep in mind, TMobile, despite thier rep's confidence in what you are told...their porting department may have dropped the ball and never initiated anything to the point where the rep can see anything on your account. Regular customer support reps usually do not have access to the porting systems within the company to see anything in detail. I tend to believe in Ooma's customer rep because they are getting info from their porting department. They might have dropped the ball by not telling you earlier about port being denied but I think your port has been denied by Tmobile for some reason (is likely the truth).

Now, there must be a reason why TMobile denied the request. Ask Ooma porting department why the port was denied. Unless the porting request expired, there should be a reason.
#102662 by yadzek
Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:31 pm
I spoke with the porting department @tmobile

In fact last week I did a conference call with ooma level 3 and tmobile
Last edited by yadzek on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#102671 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:42 pm
yadzek wrote:In fact last week I did a conference call with ooma level 3 and tmobile

That must have been fun. Was it civilized at least?

Forgot to mention one thing, I think with all Ooma ports, there is a 3rd party involved...Ooma's carrier. They maybe the problem here too. For example, my Ooma number is with XO but my father's Ooma number is with Level 3. Ooma would have to go through these guys (or their tools) to perform number porting. To TMobile, it looks like they are dealing with XO or Level 3 and not Ooma.
#102675 by yadzek
Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 pm
understood , but remember NO port out request from anyone.
So far I have been told(by OOMA) port out WAS attempted by both Level3 and broadvox
#102677 by yadzek
Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm
here is my emailed responce
am sorry that I missed your call, I am currently away from the office at the moment but will be back tomorrow morning. I talked to them yesterday and they only stated to stand by as they do have your ticket number and they are doing everything they can to port your number but as of this moment I do not have a firm date.