Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#63622 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 pm
Thanks Wayne, jmoar says that his scout was blue so either he is not feeding in the combined signal correctly or he is not using the right splitter at the scout.
#63624 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
lbmofo wrote:Thanks Wayne, jmoar says that his scout was blue so either he is not feeding in the combined signal correctly or he is not using the right splitter at the scout.

Ok, somehow I missed that post, guess I had better read them all, huh! Let's hope that's the issue!

Wayne
#63631 by jmoar
Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:45 pm
Thank you all for the help. All appears to work now. The only issue is that now I don't know if we need the scout! ya, i'm nuts. We do not have the premier account now and i guess there is no advantage to the scout upstairs over the answering machine on our phone base. I guess opting for the premier status gives us a number of cool options, but i'm out of work right now with spinal surgery and we are saving nickels and dimes like crazy.

I did see a signature with "lifetime premier member" and am curious as to what that is?

Again thanks for all the help for sure.

jmoar :D
#63634 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm
About Lifetime Premier

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3351&start=30#p61752

Even for basic service, Scout is great for a Voicemail station. You are visually alerted to VM and you can listen to it right there on the Scout.

Ooma's voicemail is superior compared to the regular answering machine because it also works for those calls that you miss while on the phone. It working during power outage is another reason. Being able to access VM via web and the ability to download the VM in mp3 format is excellent. There is just no comparison.