Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#63333 by dadinthecity
Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:48 am
Starting on monday, my wife has a job opportunity receiving phone calls at home.

The catch is that her phone must have no call forwarding and no voicemail connected because they use hulloo and they need calls that don't go through to role over to another person.

I tried to get customer support to take voicemail and call waiting off of our second line connected to telo handset, but they said that to do it that they would have to take it off of the whole account, both numbers.

I was able to disable both from her cell phone with AT&T in about 5 minutes on the phone, but that is not a good long term solution.

Do I need to go buy another Telo or Hub?

If I hooked it up today as a new account, could I get the voicemail disabled before Monday?

Can anybody help
Ooma call me at 770-993-7300
#63353 by jhphone
Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:21 pm
If I hooked it up today as a new account, could I get the voicemail disabled ...

In Voicemail Preferences you can set the pickup time up to 59 seconds. This is not the same thing as turning it off, but I would guess that their "rollover to another person" procedure would be done in less than that. If so, then voicemail would never come into play.

Unfortunately, the 2-number feature of the Ooma Telo is not well supported. What applies to one generally applies to both. I would like to have my second number always go to voicemail and never ring. AFAIK, this is impossible.

A bit disappointing.
#63358 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:49 pm
jhphone wrote:What applies to one generally applies to both. I would like to have my second number always go to voicemail and never ring. AFAIK, this is impossible.

I was curious about private devices having ability to turn on DND independently as well: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9073#p63258