Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#62619 by PeaceMaker
Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 am
Hi all,

I bought my Ooma Telo through Costco about 1 month ago and tried to activate my account on the first day. Unfortunately the Web site kept spinning and returned a pop-up error.

Tried again last night and the registration process was smooth. The Ooma device powered on and went through those lighted icons and started showing the RED blinking Ooma logo. Unfortunately, it is still blinking RED after sitting there overnight. I followed the Step 2A setup by connecting Ooma's TO INTERNET port to my Comcast cable modem while the TO HOME port is to my NetGear wireless router. Even worse, my Internet connectivity is dead coming out from my router - wireless or Ethernet cable - not even works after I disconnected Ooma from my modem and router and returned to previous setup.

Does anyone ever experience this kind of problem? Is it possible that Ooma "changes" any configurations?

I'm switching my ISP from Comcast to Verizon FiOs tomorrow. With FiOs, it seems only Step 2B can be used by connecting through my PC. Should I expect any problems? I saw some posts here about slowing down the FiOs in order to get it to work. If true, that's not good.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers!
#62628 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:27 am
While you have everything connected as Modem -> Ooma -> Router, turn off everything. Turn on Modem first, wait until it goes online, then turn on Ooma, wait until it cycles up and turns blue, then turn on the router. See if this makes everything work.