Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#62548 by laurie
Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 pm
My hub has been working fine. But, now just blinks red.. i'm lost.
#62552 by ntoy
Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:12 pm
Hello,

The communication log I show was on 8/14/2010. Looking at the back of your telo, do you see one solid LED & one flashing on the "To Internet" port? What happens if you remove this connector from your telo, plug it into a pc & power up the pc, can you surf the web?
#62558 by laurie
Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:30 pm
No, I don't. When I plug the working Internet cable from my modem to the "to Internet" port on my hub, the led's don't flash. If you plug this wire into the 'home network" port they do, though.
#62560 by laurie
Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 pm
And yes, I'm sure the net is up because I plugged the wire from my modem back into my router and that's how i'm contacting you now.
#62568 by ntoy
Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 pm
Hello Laurie,

Sounds like the To internet port is bad. Please contact our support folks & they can rma your device.
#62569 by murphy
Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:28 pm
laurie wrote:And yes, I'm sure the net is up because I plugged the wire from my modem back into my router and that's how i'm contacting you now.

EVERY time that you change what is connected to your modem you MUST power cycle the modem.
#62795 by nibes
Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:08 am
I purchased OOMA yesterday, set up went fine. Later I replaced my router (should have done it first). Now I do not get internet connection thru ooma - just a steady, rapidly flashing red logo and the 1,2, garbage can and envelope symbols on steady. I spoke with ooma support, no help (I have a wireless broadband internet service and they tried to tell me they don't support that, but it worked fine with old router, and my speed is 3 mbps, more than 10 times that required)
The issue may be that the router or my ISP is blocking access to ooma. I was told to try to access ooma at 172.27.35.1 but I am unable to connect. Is this an issue with my router? I went into router settings and gave that site "permission" but still no help. I'm waiting to hear from my ISP.

Any suggestions? New router is Cisco Lynksys E3000? (returned old Belkin router for other issues so I can't retry that)
And yes, my internet works just fine, but not thru the ooma Telo. I have unpowered and reset several times, but no help)
Thanks for any suggestions.
#62799 by murphy
Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:40 am
You need to describe how your equipment is connected together for us to have any ideas about what is causing your problem.
Your ISP is not blocking the ports that you need.
You must connect a computer to the Home port of the Telo to access it's setup page.
#62805 by nibes
Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:02 am
OK - I thought that was clear. I set up modem - ooma - router. When I do that I cannot get an internet connection. I just read a post that indicates I need to put the ooma ip address 172/27.35.1 as my router's DNS server. I'm about to try that. For what it's worth, I'm required to use a static IP address with my ISP - is that a problem?