Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#4090 by kradoom
Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:46 am
when i connect my modem to ooma then ooma to router, i can't connect to the internet

i followed the steps in the user guide but no help... what could be some possible problems?


when i connect my modem to router to ooma, that works except I get lag when playing online games (warcraft3 dota)..
#4092 by runagun
Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:34 am
If you have cable internet Make sure u unplug/plug the modem so it can re sync with the Ooma system between the modem & Router. If u can give a little more detail of ur setup(DSL/Cable).
#4109 by inrame
Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:52 am
kradoom wrote:when i connect my modem to ooma then ooma to router, i can't connect to the internet

you can't get ANY internet? or problems with games? did you set dmz on the ooma?
kradoom wrote:when i connect my modem to router to ooma, that works except I get lag when playing online games (warcraft3 dota)..

have you played with any of the QoS settings on your router or the ooma hub?
#4112 by kradoom
Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:18 am
The two different scenarios are as such:

I can't get any internet at all if I put ooma between my modem and router...

I get lag when ooma is idle if I put ooma behind my router

both isn't working for me :(
#4117 by murphy
Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:46 am
kradoom wrote:I can't get any internet at all if I put ooma between my modem and router...

After you put the ooma hub between the modem and the router did you turn the modem off for 15 seconds? That is required to make it forget the router's MAC address.
#4123 by kradoom
Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:28 pm
some more information... my router has "tomato" firmware installed in it.. i'm not sure if that is preventing me from connecting my modem to ooma to router setup... if anyone can help

I also tried "dd-wrt" firmware but it also didn't work for me...
#4125 by runagun
Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:35 pm
What kind of router do u have and what version of tomato is installed in the router???

kradoom wrote:some more information... my router has "tomato" firmware installed in it.. i'm not sure if that is preventing me from connecting my modem to ooma to router setup... if anyone can help

I also tried "dd-wrt" firmware but it also didn't work for me...
#4128 by kradoom
Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:53 pm
I have a Linksys WRT54G-TM (T-mobile) router

I have tomato 1.27 (latest)



I just tried with another router... I can connect
modem->ooma->router

and everything works fine... except that router doesn't have wireless or the functions i need in tomato.... close to success but not yet :(

I think if I can somehow get my router to work with ooma, so i can use it
as modem->ooma-> router then all my problems will dissappear and I can finally get a goodnight sleep...

someone help please :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests