Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#62086 by renatae
Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 pm
Sorry to hear that, ITShinobi - I'll bet it's Time Warner FWIW. I think you're very patient - I'd have filed a long time ago!
#62180 by ITShinobi
Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 am
It's been 10 days since my last phone call into support regarding my number port. I've passed the two month mark. A post on another thread at least spawned a phone call to test if my line was active or not, but beyond that there has been zero communication from Ooma to me about my number port. How discouraging considering how many others are having pretty good luck getting their numbers over from Time Warner according to this forum. I'm totally blown away by how my particular situation has been handled so badly by Ooma customer service.
#63168 by renatae
Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 am
That's great, Mike! Don't know why it took 20 days, but at least it was accurate. I still suspect your carrier, LOL.
#71406 by STBXXL
Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:19 pm
My number port just completed from at&t. It was also very fast. I ordered it online on 12/13 (late in the evening West Coast time) and the order was entered into the system on 12/14. The same day I received an email with the estimated port date 12/22. A day later (12/15) the port date 12/22 was confirmed by at&t. And today (12/22) the port was indeed completed. So from order entry to port it took 8 days. :D
#71561 by sphinx
Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:21 am
I just got my ooma and am getting some strong resistance from the family about switching due to the anticipated outage of DSL while the number ports over. I keep reading that there are instructions of when to cut off the phone company and steps to take to minimize any problems. Where do I find those?
#71568 by ntoy
Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:24 am
sphinx wrote:I just got my ooma and am getting some strong resistance from the family about switching due to the anticipated outage of DSL while the number ports over. I keep reading that there are instructions of when to cut off the phone company and steps to take to minimize any problems. Where do I find those?

Hello,

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 47/kw/port
#71689 by sphinx
Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:11 am
Ok, I just got off the phone with AT&T and was told that there were no ports available to dry-loop me. Has anyone run into this? They said that if I get the number ported over to Ooma, I'm SOL in terms of getting a dry-loop setup because of a lack of availability of ports.

Any other solutions other than cable internet? I'd prefer to keep DSL.