Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60802 by rocketman1622
Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:03 pm
I have had the ooma telo for about 6 months or so and it has worked perfectly. I could not be happier with it. I can't believe more people don't have it. Anyway, I just ordered the telo handset. Is there a lot of problems with the handset? Is there anything I need to do to prevent any problems?
#60806 by Leeway
Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:02 pm
There aren't any problems with the Telo handset. It is a wonderous little devil. Personally, I did not like mine in the begining for the cosmetic portion, but they sure can grow on you very fast. There are less problems than preferences.

I'd like a belt clip and a couple of other convienience alterations but I wouldn't part with it once I got used to all that it does for you.

My only recommendation for problem prevention is to have a Telo handset for each family member because they will all want to use it.

Donna
#60834 by ThatAdamGuy
Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:42 pm
My understanding is that there's no 3.5mm jack still, right? Given this, am I correct in understanding that the only options for hands-free conversations with a 2nd line are the speakerphone (which I understand isn't high quality) and buying a bluetooth adapter from Ooma?
#60840 by bw1
Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:13 am
Yes, there is no 3.5 mm jack on the Telo handset. The speakerphone is functional.
The Bluetooth adapter connects to the Telo, so it's limited to a short distance (<30 feet) from that.

The Telo handset is decent and is best used if you find the features listed appealing (especially for Premier) - https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-handset/features
#60872 by ThatAdamGuy
Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:37 am
bw1, thanks for the quick and informative reply. I appreciate it :)
#61439 by vahsmom
Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:44 pm
I tries to save a buck and bought a handset on eBay and it has vertical lines running all through the screen, making it very difficult to read the prompts. If you want this phone just buy a new one and save yourself a headache, or two. ;)