Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#60784 by nguyentphu1984
Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:41 am
my friend bought ooma 3 weeks ago. He wants to keep his old phone number, so he paid $40 for activate ooma to keep his old phone number. However, he has not received email from ooma for 3 weeks. He tried to plug-in ooma, and he can make a call.. Then, he call COX to cancel his phone number. He can make a call, but he can not receive any call. Therefore, he called to ooma, they give him a new phone number. I would like to ask can he keep his old phone number? Thanks a lot!
#60786 by lbmofo
Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:14 am
Have your friend take a look at his port status: https://my.ooma.com/porting_status

If the porting is not complete, he needs to call COX and make his phone number active again so the ooma Port process can continue normally.

If porting is complete, then call ooma customer service to see why he can't receive any calls.

When port is complete, the ooma device usually needs a reboot (power down and up).
#60829 by lbmofo
Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 pm
Did you login to my ooma using your friend's account to see the porting status? Did he really initiate the porting process?

If no, then need to have his phone number reactivated and then start the porting process with ooma.