Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#3933 by JPen
Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:11 pm
I have tried both in front of router (as recommended) and behind router (to rule out router conflicts)...cannot get past Ooma blinking RED + [1,2,PLAY,FF] solid RED. Router is an AirPort Extreme.
#3934 by trim81
Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:41 pm
it should work instantly behind a router.. perhaps reboot and try again? (unplug ooma and replug)

question: regarding your internet connection, which is it? cable or dsl? and PPOE connection or DHCP?

(if unsure, tell me the ISP you have and I can guess it)

-Remember, when you place ooma BEFORE router, you must power down internet modem as well and repower. (this releases the DHCPIP from your ISP)
#3936 by JPen
Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:46 pm
Cable, dhcp. I've tried restarting. I powered up with modem first, ooma hub, router, pc and mac...the Internet connection passes through no problem even when behind ooma. I'm at a loss here
#3940 by tpatel
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:05 pm
Mine started working after I plugged in my existing phone line into the "WALL" port on the back of the OOMA base unit. That seems to be a requirement if you are porting an existing number that you need to keep working while the number ports to OOMA.
#3949 by trim81
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:19 pm
tpatel wrote:Mine started working after I plugged in my existing phone line into the "WALL" port on the back of the OOMA base unit. That seems to be a requirement if you are porting an existing number that you need to keep working while the number ports to OOMA.

good info, thanks for the update.

Jepn, is this your case?
#3979 by JPen
Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 am
How do you get through to speak to a live person at Ooma??? I have called 3X today and sat on hold each time - 30 min, 60 min and now 20 min; this is ridiculous. And the thing is, I figured out my issue! The sticker with the MAC address on the hub is not correct. I finally figured this out when I decided to look on my network and saw it was off by a number. Obviously, if registration is with a MAC address and I used the wrong one - ISSUES!!! I have been attempting to install for nearly 7 hours worth of actual time (almost 24 hours since I first started)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there a direct number other than toll-free. Corporate does not help either - had to leave a message. This is b.s.