Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#59985 by pope
Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:39 pm
I installed the ooma Hub last night with no problems, everything was working great, the phone, the router, the computers. Then today the LAN from my router to my desktop stopped working. The wireless part still works, but my hard wired LAN does not. Could my ooma have somehow killed my router? I have since removed the ooma from the path and installed it pre-ooma and I still don't have LAN.

I have a D-Link DI-524 router.
#60171 by howzer
Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:41 am
I'm having an identical problem. I installed OOMA, and it is working fine. My wireless connections to the internet are also working flawlessly. However, the computer that is hardwired via ethernet cable to OOMA-->Modem is not able to make an internet connection. The error I'm receiving indicates that the computer is not being assigned an IP address. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and come up with a solution?
#60174 by highq
Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:59 am
howzer wrote:I'm having an identical problem. I installed OOMA, and it is working fine. My wireless connections to the internet are also working flawlessly. However, the computer that is hardwired via ethernet cable to OOMA-->Modem is not able to make an internet connection. The error I'm receiving indicates that the computer is not being assigned an IP address. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and come up with a solution?

Would you care to tell us precisely what that error message is, and how it leads you to that conclusion? After all, there's no need to guess. Just run the 'ipconfig' command and you'll see what IP number you have, if any.
#60176 by howzer
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:08 am
I'll have to wait until I get home from work to run the "ipconfig". The browser attempts the connections, but after a bit of effort, returns a message similar to: "unable to connect to internet, unable to establish ip address". I'll post more when I get home.
#60177 by pope
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:13 am
I am the one with the original problem and wanted to report back that I got it to work again and we'll see how long it stays working. When I had the problem my ooma was very warm to the touch and our house was fairly warm inside also (80-85). So I shut everything down overnight and then re-installed in the morning and it was working fine. I haven't ran it for 24 hours yet so we'll see how things are for the next few days.
#60208 by howzer
Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:39 pm
I followed the suggestion of the op and mine is now working too. I would suggest, if you encounter this problem, to shut everything down, power off the hub/modem/router/computer and wait a bit. Power everything back up, and see if it works.
Thanks!