Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#59897 by babyjay8495
Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 am
Thanks for your patience with all of this. I got my ooma hub yesterday. Hooked up the cable from my router to the home port on the hub, took the provided cable and took it from the home port to my wireless modem. Hooked everything up and nothing, it's not even sending a signal to my wireless router, so when it's hooked up that way i'm not getting an internet connection. I only get a red light on all the buttons. I'm lost sorry for my confusion, i'm sure it's something pretty simple that i'm missing
#59900 by murphy
Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 am
I'm not sure what you mean by a wireless modem.

The standard connection sequence is:
Turn off power to everything
LAN cable from Cable modem to Modem port on hub
LAN cable from Home port on hub to WAN/Internet port on router
Phone line cable from Phone port on hub to telephone of your choice.
IF you activated to integrate a land line, Phone line cable from your land line to the Wall port on the hub.

Turn on cable modem and wait until it syncs with your ISP, usually indicated by cable light on solid.
Turn on Ooma hub and wait up to an hour. It may begin to download and install a firmware update immediately. If you interrupt the process it is possible to destroy the hub. When it is complete only the tab on the back will be blue. Make sure the light level knob on the right side is turned up the whole way.
#59902 by babyjay8495
Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:58 am
You are correct, i meant wireless router. I didn't wait an hour, i thought it said on the package like 20 minutes. I'll try that and see what happens. thanks