Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#56868 by murphy
Thu May 27, 2010 5:35 pm
You must use a computer connected to the Home port of the Telo.
If the computer is a laptop, turn the wireless radio off.
http://setup.ooma.com is a web page located inside of the Telo.

If you are an OpenDNS user, connect to http://172.27.35.1 instead.
#56874 by burnside
Thu May 27, 2010 6:09 pm
I connected my computer directly to the telo and that worked, but I would rather have the computer connected to my gigabit switch. I've been reading how to get the telo to show up on my LAN but I'm kind of lost. Do you have any pointers?

I already set the DMZ on the telo to 172.27.35.1, but now I don't know what to do with the router settings.
#56879 by tommies
Thu May 27, 2010 8:23 pm
Remove the DMZ in telo, and add a port forwarding rule for port 80 to the telo HOME port ip, ie 172.27.35.1

This should only be use if your telo is protected by a router, i.e. the ooma is behind the router. You don't need to do any thing to the router setting. Then you can access ooma setup by the telo MODEM ip which is assigned by the router.
#56889 by Groundhound
Fri May 28, 2010 3:57 am
As tommies stated, changing the router configuration is not necessary to see the Telo's setup interface on your network with the described port forward change in the Telo. Make sure you don't put the Telo into the router's DMZ (or otherwise forward port 80 in the router to the Telo) or you will expose the Telo's setup to the Internet. Likewise if you later decide to move the Telo in front of the router you must remove the port forward rule in the Telo or you will also expose Telo's setup to the Internet.
#56900 by burnside
Fri May 28, 2010 7:10 am
Since I shouldn't do too much configuring, I'll just hook my laptop into it and be done with that. My router is actually a modem too which might be why I'm getting some issues. Thanks for all the help everyone.