Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#56023 by jiffy
Wed May 19, 2010 10:01 am
I tried installing Ooma hub with netgear router with cable modem. Support team advised disabling firewall on neatgear router, as ooma would not self install. There is no firewall disable function on netgear admin console. Any ideas, what are other work around.
#56189 by Soundjudgment
Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm
I have a Netgear router and and never had to change anything on it to get Ooma Hub or the Ooma Telo to set up. All default settings on the Router and nothing changed in any software menu. My hookup is:

Internet ---> Cable Modem --> Netgear WRNDR3700 Router --> Telo and PCs. The Telo box gets to the Internet and their VPN tunnel is established every single time, without even having to reboot anything. Instant BLUE Telo lights, instant Ooma dial-tone. Yes, Virginia, it can be done!
#56194 by Shawn
Thu May 20, 2010 4:53 pm
I have a Netgear wnr2000. My setup is just like the previous post by Soundjudgement with the router between cable modem and Telo. I have a PC and another access point router connect to the Netgear.I don't have to do anything special to the Netgear. Whenever I reboot system, I just turn them on one by one. I have everything off first and turn on the modem. Once the modem is steady then I turn on the router. The router usually takes a while to become steady then turn on the Telo.