Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#55376 by hpepper
Wed May 12, 2010 2:14 pm
Yes you can use the handset without Premiere and you can use another handset that has been used with another Telo. It just needs de-activated from the old Telo and re-activated to use with the new Telo.
#55377 by southsound
Wed May 12, 2010 2:25 pm
W-Boyle wrote:Will the telco without the premier service still work the handset? Also can I use a handset from another hub that has already been mated for use on another hub?

Bill

hpepper is totally right on with his answer - but I think it would be helpful for you to note some things that will make future posts a little easier for us to decipher. First, as hpepper said, the black ooma device is called the Telo. The telco is the telephone company we used to pay big bucks to. Second, a hub is another version of ooma device. When the ooma system first came out, it was white and had a different processor and did not support DECT 6.0 handsets as a base - so you cannot use a Telo handset with any hub (because it isn't made to use them) but you can use a Telo handset with any Telo - in fact, upt to four of them on a single Telo acting as a base. You can also use the PHONE port on the Telo (or hub) to drive a multiple handset cordless system. I use a Uniden 5 handset system in addition to my 2 Telo handsets.

I hope my comments are reaching you as being helpful - not picky. After all, we do want to welcome you to ooma and to the forum.

Edit: oops - I just realized that I responded about the hub / Telo name thing yesterday before you changed your login name. Sorry if it sounded like preaching the second time around. :P