Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#55294 by W-Boyle
Tue May 11, 2010 12:21 pm
I am wondering if I can coonect line one and two out of the phone jack and not have a wireless device and still have two lines. In other words hook up a two line phone to the unit like my phone at the office. My home is wired for two seperate lines.
#55312 by southsound
Tue May 11, 2010 2:50 pm
Although you said "hub" since you spoke of a wireless device, I believe you really meant "Telo." The reason I bring this up is that there is a different answer depending on which ooma system you have.

Telo (black) has only one PHONE port that can only feed ONE conversation. The WALL jack is not used to connect telephones and the PHONE port is wired for a single pair. If you have more than one number, you can answer either number from the connected phone and you can force caller ID for any of your numbers. If you want more than one conversation at a time, you must have a Telo proprietary handset. You can make said handset a personal device and assign a number to only ring on that handset.

Hub (white) has access as above - but if you have Premier and use a scout (the pair is called the ooma core system) then you can feed line 1 from the hub and line 2 from the scout. Many folks keep them stacked on their desk to save room and have the PHONE outputs drive a 2-line phone system as you propose.

Two more things - (1) welcome to ooma and to the forum! and (2) you might want to call customer support at 888 711-6662 and have them change your username to something besides your phone number. I for one don't like having my number accessable to all the spammers, scammers, and bots that search the Internet for phone numbers.
#55316 by W-Boyle
Tue May 11, 2010 3:40 pm
Thank you have answered my question. That is what I thought. I have the later black box. I am calling right now to change my log on.

Bill