Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#55209 by mjsaggese
Mon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm
I have been using ooma and nextalarm successfully for about 5 months now. My security systems is a DSC Power832. I am using the standard telephone call out feature. I have added the *99 prior to calling out to NextAlarm. It has been working for the past 5 months with no issues. All of a sudden it stopped working. Spoke to NextAlarm and nothing has changed on their side. They did say the cannot offer any support on OOMA. That is OOMA policy as well.

Just a poll out there. Is there anybody else there experiencing this problem. I have checked all the parameters I could
and everything things seem correct. (I even added a pause before the *99). One post mentioned they had luck with
using *70 which suppresses call waiting. I tried that with no success. Any ideas would be appreciated.

If unsuccessful I will probably move to the ABN adapter from Nextalarm which is a supported configuration. :?
#55214 by lbmofo
Mon May 10, 2010 2:24 pm
What do you mean success for 5 months? Did you make test calls, trigger alarm etc? How did you find out that it isn't working anymore?
#55223 by manderso
Mon May 10, 2010 3:05 pm
To the OP: I'm curious as to your experiences with Fastalarm. I'm attempting to setup my alarm system with their ABN, and don't have any luck. When I have it plugged into my land line, I don't have any problems. You haven't been using it with the ABN?
#55231 by mjsaggese
Mon May 10, 2010 4:38 pm
With NextAlarm I can setup alerts whenever it operate panel. For example I can view logs of when I turn the alarm off and on. I can track it on a daily basis and get email altrts. I can also login into my nextalarm account and see history. That is how I know it was successfully working for 5 months.
#55232 by lbmofo
Mon May 10, 2010 4:41 pm
ic. so that log is xmitted over the phone line then? right? And now, it stopped working heh?
#55715 by gipnyc
Sun May 16, 2010 2:21 pm
Mine stopped working about the same date, May 10 or so. I have also been
using Ooma for well over 6 months and all of a sudden it stopped taking
my alarm alerts. My alarm had a daily check in and check in for all door
arming and disarming. No longer getting alerts or alarm messages.
I use a Simon 3 with ContactID signaling.

I'd suspect this is Nextalarm screwing with the signal because they
don't want to pay the 800 service on the calls to the monitoring
station. (My system alone can make as many as 10 a day or more).

If you find anything out, let us know.
#55763 by StigMX5
Mon May 17, 2010 10:52 am
My alarm just stopped working last Friday. Something has changed on the OOMA side as nothing has changed on my end and it was working for the past year.

Mine is not with NextAlarm but with Vector Security.
#57021 by goop
Sun May 30, 2010 9:41 am
Mine (DSC 1832 to Next Alarm) was working fine until Friday 5/28, then started having intermittent problems. I just switched to use both *99 call prefix and moved to the SIA FSK protocol instead of Contact ID. Apparently, SIA FSK is more resilient to line noise, which the Ooma compression might "feel" like. The first communication using SIA codes seemed to work fine, fingers crossed.
#57481 by marcohl
Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 pm
I'm on the same page. I have a DSC 9047, monitored by ADT, just 5 months in, and all of a sudden it stopped working, saying Communications error from my panel. Can you please elaborate on how to change the settings to SIA? The technician was here this morning and he couldn't do anything about it. It's so frustrating....
#57492 by murphy
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 am
marcohl wrote:I'm on the same page. I have a DSC 9047, monitored by ADT, just 5 months in, and all of a sudden it stopped working, saying Communications error from my panel. Can you please elaborate on how to change the settings to SIA? The technician was here this morning and he couldn't do anything about it. It's so frustrating....

If your alarm technician doesn't know how to change the reporting format for your alarm, you need a better technician.
However it may not be possible. ADT uses a customized version of the Ademco Vista 20P (Custom 3000) in many new installations. One of the customizations was to remove all reporting methods except for contact ID.