Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#54280 by SLOoma
Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm
Yesterday, the porting of my home phone to Ooma was completed on schedule. I went to the NIB, disconnected the module jacks and then connected my Telo phone jack to a wall phone jack. It was beautiful - everything worked perfectly! I had Ooma dial tones throughout the house!

Today, the phones connected to the home wall jacks are not working. The set of Panasonic wireless phones that were working fine yesterday now have a busy signal. The display on the phones display "Line in Use" and they do not ring on incoming calls. The Telo handset is still working fine, though.

Help! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
#54290 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:39 pm
Yes, if you have the plug type NIB, then unplugging the plugs would do the trick.

What changed between yesterday and today? Does your Panasonic phone work when plugged into the Telo or does the wired phone work when plugged into the wall?
#54291 by SLOoma
Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:46 pm
As far as I can tell, nothing has changed. The wired phone gets the busy signal when plugged into the wall. I have not been able to test the wireless Panasonic plugged into the Telo yet - the cords are buried behind a desk, but I guess that is the next thing I need to do. Thanks.
#54293 by SLOoma
Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:54 pm
OK, the Panasonic wireless phones work (Ooma dial tone) when I plug the base unit of the wireless into the Ooma. So why won't it distribute the dial tone throughout the house if Ooma is connected to a wall outlet?
#54302 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:45 pm
Sounds like you have a phone off hook somewhere in the house. What kind of sound do you get from phone connered to the house wall if you don't feedback ooma dialtone?