Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#52685 by RhuntMT
Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:51 pm
If you selected to port your number over and you have selected to use integrated line, be advised you will have to plug a phone cord from the wall connection into the phone connection of the cable voice modem.

Otherwise you will not get a dial tone, and your Ooma will not finish the registration step.
#52696 by WayneDsr
Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:15 am
That's exactly why I always recommend to keep the landline separate from Ooma. Expecially if you're going to port anyway.
Keep one phone on your old landline and another on Ooma.

Wayne
#52706 by southsound
Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:18 am
I'm in total agreement with WayneDSR about keeping your landline separate. If you want to use your old number before a port, just pay for a month or so of call forwarding (from your existing provider) to your new ooma number. Some think that they can "test the system" with landline integration before making a commitment to port their number. However, when you integrate your landline you are only testing half the ooma. There are also some ooma features that won't work with landline integration and you open yourself up to a lot of additional problems. I am puzzled why ooma even offers this "feature" anymore.
#52709 by Groundhound
Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 pm
Count me also as one who would not recommend landline integration. Also, the issues are for any kind of phone you declare as a "landline" when you register your Ooma, so Comcast Digital Voice is not special in this case.
#52744 by lbmofo
Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:09 pm
Before my number ported from Verizon, in landline integration mode, the incoming callerid didn't work even though I subscribed to the callerid feature with Verizon; it was a known bug. Now that I got the number ported to ooma, all works fine now.