Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#52557 by 8458780324
Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:36 am
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has tried this but I have been completely unsuccessful in my attempts to use the Telo as a fax line.'

My current faxing setup is as follows:

Verizon Land Line to Computer Modem in Fax Mode (Modem is Dell Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem in a Dell Vostro).
The faxing software is Cheyenne Bitware which I have used for more than a decade with many computers/modems no problem.
(everything works fine - 14400 connection speed. automatic answer/modem pick up after one ring)

Theoretically, in my setup, I should only substitute the Verizon Line with the Telo line and everything should continue working without any problems.

However, that is not the case. I made the modem pick up after many rings with no difference. I enabled Fax Mode for the Telo. I lowered connection speeds. Still no luck.

It just REFUSES to work.

Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, what was/is the remedy? What am I doing wrong? Is there a detailed guide somewhere that can help me clarify and eliminate the problem? Are there certain modem commands that may help? Amy help is greatly appreciated in the matter.

Thanks to all for your help (in advance) and for reading my post.

Paul
#52625 by hingli
Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:07 pm
VOIP is not the same as POTS. It has problems with jitter, packet loss, and etc. I have given up on faxing by VOIP and signed up for Internet Faxing (Eg. eFax, myFax, OneSuite Fax, and etc)
#52707 by oldanbo
Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:37 am
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. This is not an answer to your problem, but would you mind if everyone browsing the forums including bots, gives you a call? ;) ;) ;)

Cheers
#52803 by 8458780324
Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 am
yeah, I didn't realize you can't change your Display name after you've setup an account.... Many things are still a "work in progress" with the Ooma and that may be one of them.

Kinda frustrated in a way with the flexibility of the products, but then again, they are still in their infancy and could have a very productive and useful life (hopefully)

P.