Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#52374 by Uncool
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:06 am
Received email from Ooma last week saying port was to take place today (4/6). This morning my line is dead.

Had Cablevision/Optimum Voice. OV Web site/message when you call the number says it is disconnected or being reassigned.

Ooma Hub is now blinking red. I disconnected the Wall line from the cable modem's phone jack (I integrated with the old VoIP during the transition so I could receive calls on the same phone number) and still nothing. No Ooma dial tone even. Shouldn't I at least be able to call out with Ooma during the port limbo period?

No follow up from Ooma saying the port was completed. Maybe it's just in transition. I hope.

Any suggestions while I wait it out?
#52375 by Groundhound
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:13 am
Having your service down for several hours for inbound calls during the port is typical. I'm not sure how it works on outbound calls for those who chose landline integration - for those who are considering Ooma and are reading this, add this to the list of reasons why you should not choose landline integration when you register your Ooma if you are planning to port your number - get a temporary Ooma number to use instead.
#52389 by AZGuyJoe
Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:12 am
Good avdvice about not integrating your landline unless you plan on keeping that line longterm.
I've ported two numbers and lost service for a few hours each time.
After the port was completed I received an email from ooma telling me it was done so I'd suggest being patient for a little while longer.
#52442 by amoney
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:59 pm
On occasion you may need to reboot the Ooma box. The transition can be a few to many hours.

By now I would suggest rebooting.
#54692 by Uncool
Mon May 03, 2010 6:38 pm
Realized I never updated this. The port went through within 24 hours of the original date Ooma said it would. I called Ooma that afternoon, and the rep said it was in progress and sure enough it was. Everything is working fine now.