Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#52030 by gtjr92
Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:48 pm
I just installed my Ooma Telo.
Couple of question I have.
1. One is there anyway to access the actual telo device from a browser? I can see the IP address of the device
on my dhcp server, but tried accessing it via a browser. I saw the old ooma instructions seems to allow this.
I tried setup.ooma.com but that didn't get me anywhere

2. I have Zoomtown DSL and my phone from cincinnati bell on the same line of course. I read you can't port your phone number over to ooma if that is the case. It's not a big deal to me, but the wife would prefer that we can port our old number. Is there anyway to do this?

3. Is there a more detailed manual for the Telo besides the startup guide?
for one I am trying to figure out what the * and the little wireless logo (or it looks like a wireless logo to me)
are for on the Telo. Among other things. I am a geek, and actually reading finer details of what I can do with any new piece of technology I buy...
Thanks
#52034 by Groundhound
Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 pm
gtjr92 wrote:I just installed my Ooma Telo.
Couple of question I have.
1. One is there anyway to access the actual telo device from a browser? I can see the IP address of the device
on my dhcp server, but tried accessing it via a browser. I saw the old ooma instructions seems to allow this.
I tried setup.ooma.com but that didn't get me anywhere
Plug a computer into the Telo's home network port and you will be able to access setup.ooma.com

2. I have Zoomtown DSL and my phone from cincinnati bell on the same line of course. I read you can't port your phone number over to ooma if that is the case. It's not a big deal to me, but the wife would prefer that we can port our old number. Is there anyway to do this?
Depends on whether your DSL provider will sell you stand-alone DSL, often called dry loop. If so then you just need to determine if you must separate your phone and DSL accounts before porting the number over or if your DSL provider will do that for you automatically when the port is complete.

3. Is there a more detailed manual for the Telo besides the startup guide?
for one I am trying to figure out what the * and the little wireless logo (or it looks like a wireless logo to me)
are for on the Telo. Among other things. I am a geek, and actually reading finer details of what I can do with any new piece of technology I buy...
This forum is the best source, the wireless logo you referred to serves two purposes. If you press it briefly it will page any Telo handsets so you can hear them ringing under the sofa cushions. If you press it for several seconds it will initiate the Telo Handset registration from the Telo's end.
#52113 by gtjr92
Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 pm
Thanks. I checked with my Phone Company again and had them separate my dsl from my home phone. I should be good to go there.
Makes sense about plugging into the home network port. I hadn't done that.