Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#51628 by tcheware
Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:59 pm
I am a happy ooma subscriber for over two years now. We are about to move and I would like some help in successfully rebooting my hub on at a new location. I am in the same city, but will be changing from a dsl internet connection to a cable (Comcast) connection. What issues should I be aware of and how can I do this easily? Thanks in advance for assistance!
#51636 by murphy
Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:38 am
tcheware wrote:I am a happy ooma subscriber for over two years now. We are about to move and I would like some help in successfully rebooting my hub on at a new location. I am in the same city, but will be changing from a dsl internet connection to a cable (Comcast) connection. What issues should I be aware of and how can I do this easily? Thanks in advance for assistance!

If your DSL user ID and password were in the DSL modem, you don't have to do anything other than connect to the cable modem.
If your DSL user ID and password were in the Ooma box you have to configure the box to use DHCP to get it's IP address.
#51929 by tcheware
Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:58 pm
Murphy: Thanks very much. Is there a way for me to easily figure out where my ID and password are? I have my ooma box in front of my router and after my dsl modem.

John
#51931 by Hollywood
Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 pm
Don't forget to change your street address in your my.ooma in case you need to use 911.
#51936 by murphy
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:14 am
tcheware wrote:Murphy: Thanks very much. Is there a way for me to easily figure out where my ID and password are? I have my ooma box in front of my router and after my dsl modem.

John

If you don't know where they are then they are not in the Ooma since you would have had to put them there.
Disconnect the router and connect a computer directly to the Home port of the Ooma. If you are still able to access the internet, then they also are not in the router.
#51951 by tcheware
Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:39 am
Thanks very much for this further explanation. Also, for the reminder to change the address in my profile - I have to admit I hadn't made the connection with 911, so this is very helpful advice, indeed!
#52768 by tcheware
Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:17 am
Murphy: It was a breeze! I unplugged at the old house (ATT DSL) and plugged into the Comcast cable modem: little light show and voila! All working great and possibly even better now with higher speed of Comcast.

Thanks again for your help.

John