Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#51348 by cpegeo
Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:01 pm
Hi I have a question regarding a setup I would like to do and if it is possible. Thanks for any help in advance.

I plan on having cable internet and connecting the cable modem directly to the ooma hub "modem" jack. The ooma hubs "home" jack will go to my wireless router. I would like to connect the ooma hubs "Phone" jack to the line one (red/green) wires of my houses phone system. I would then line to connect the ooma hubs "wall" jack to the scouts "wall" jack. Here is the tricky part, I plan to make a special cable to connect the scouts "phone" jack wires to the Line 2 (yellow/black) wires of my houses phone system.

The idea is that with the hub and scout I can use Two Line capable phones throughout the house and be able to connect to line 1 or 2 just by selecting the appropriate line on the two line capable phone. This way I can have all my phones (not just two) able to use whichever line you want.

Is there anything preventing this from working?

Thanks for any help.
#51350 by murphy
Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:38 am
That will work fine. Just make sure that both lines have been disconnected from external phone companies. They typically leave voltage on the wires even if you don't have service. You don't need a special cable. Just get an L1, L2, L1+L2 splitter.
#51366 by cpegeo
Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:30 am
Murphy your awesome. Answering all my questions for me ^^. I have just two more question though. Where would I buy one of these L1, L2, L1+L2 splitters? and, when my trial premium membership expires will the second line quit working unless I renew the premium service? Thanks.
#51368 by murphy
Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:44 am
cpegeo wrote:Murphy your awesome. Answering all my questions for me ^^. I have just two more question though. Where would I buy one of these L1, L2, L1+L2 splitters? and, when my trial premium membership expires will the second line quit working unless I renew the premium service? Thanks.

Radio Shack, Lowe's, Home Depot

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... e=Category

If your trial premier membership ends you will lose the second number. That is one of the many features of Premier. Blacklisting is another that many find extremely useful.