Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#51168 by hingli
Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 pm
Today is my expected port date (3/23/2010) but I have no idea if my numbers was ported completely. My POTS is still able to make calls but unable to receive calls. My ooma Telo can make and receive calls from my ported numbers. I have no email of a Completed port but someone from ooma (650-213-9530) called me this morning but did not leave a message. Is my number ported to ooma yet? I really want to cancel my POTS service ASAP.
#51170 by AZGuyJoe
Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:57 pm
I've ported two numbers (the second just ported today) and both times I've received an email from ooma telling me that the port is complete.
One way to tell is to log onto myooma using the ported phone number (the p/w will be the same as before).
#51171 by hingli
Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:42 pm
I am able to login to the 2 new ported numbers and my temporary number is gone from the Phone Numbers section.
#51238 by JCB
Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:35 pm
same here, got email that number got ported to Ooma but I can still dial out on my old POTS line
weird

I was told not to call phone company, that the service will be disconnected when the number is ported which happened.
#51248 by highq
Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:55 pm
You say your number has been ported but you still have dial tone on the old landline pair of wires?

I'd be curious to know what you get if you dial your ported number, and what you get if you dial, on that old landline connection, your Automatic Number Announcement Circuit (a service from just about every telco which "speaks" the number whence you're talking -- find your own particular ANAC at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/ANAC).
#51253 by coldsteel
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:10 pm
hingli wrote:Today is my expected port date (3/23/2010) but I have no idea if my numbers was ported completely. My POTS is still able to make calls but unable to receive calls. My ooma Telo can make and receive calls from my ported numbers. I have no email of a Completed port but someone from ooma (650-213-9530) called me this morning but did not leave a message. Is my number ported to ooma yet? I really want to cancel my POTS service ASAP.

I think the key is receiving calls - I knew that my number was ported when my OOMA connected phone started receiving phone calls. My old landline phone was still able to make a call (i.e it had a dial-tone) as far as I could tell for nearly 24 hours after that. What was also interesting was that there was one phone (a Time-Warner subscriber) that for two weeks after my number was ported still seemed to be transferred to my old carrier and getting a number is disconnected recording - they verified that I was not disconnected when their cell-phone call to me worked fine - it took them several calls to Time-Warner to get their service correctly updated.
#51254 by hingli
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:12 pm
I can call my cell phone with my landline and ooma without any error messages. I'm still waiting for my "Port completed" email.