Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#50451 by hdtech96
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:03 pm
I have had OOMA for about a month and was running it concurrent with Comcast VOIP. Comcast was servicing the whole house while OOMA only served my office phone. I just wanted to try OOMA before making the commitment to switch over and porting my number etc.

Well, I have really liked the OOMA and got the port completed last week. Comcast phone modem is completely out of the picture now. However, now that I try to get the Telo to service the whole house, it appears that nothing is coming from the jack labeled 'wall' on the Telo. Took me a while to figure that out. I got there because I happened to have an old RJ11 splitter laying around and connected that to the 'phone' output on the Telo and then out to the office phone and the wall. Now everything works just fine throughout the whole house.

I just cant seem to figure out why nothing is coming from the wall jack on the Telo. Maybe it is in a menu that I have not been able to find. Any help would be appreciated.
#50453 by WayneDsr
Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:31 pm
In order to connect the Telo to the entire house you need to connect the PHONE port of the Telo to the house not the WALL port. The WALL port is for integrating a landline with the Telo.

Wayne