Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#49648 by sholom
Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:53 pm
I bought 9 Oomas Telos and was all set to install them. I got the 1000/300 error code on every one! This guy
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2E92TK8QJ48S1 on Amazon posted that they were out of numbers and I'm starting to believe him. After switching browsers and clearing cookies, calling tech support 2x they now have all my mac addresses on a ticket and saying that it is a service error not a problem with the devices themselves. What is going on? Is the site posting available 323 numbers without actually having them?
#49690 by southsound
Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:43 am
I would guess that since 323 is central Los Angeles numbers go pretty quickly. ooma is probably a victim of its own success. I don't believe the website does instant updates - probably more of a batch update at night or something. From my experience with ooma for the last year plus, these are good people and the company really tries hard, in spite of some occasional dropping of the ball.

I was unable to get a number in my small town of Shelton, WA but when I asked if they could get me one it took less than a week and they had a choice of serveral for me. I would imagine that within a few days they will have those 9 numbers for you. We have seen many people need a number in their area have ooma order one and become very satisfied users.

And lest I forget, welcome to ooma! We're glad to see you here. :P
#49691 by southsound
Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:45 am
Aveamantium wrote:Can I ask a stupid question? Why do you need 9 Telos? :shock:

That is like asking me why we have 19 phones in the house (and one more in the barn) when there are only two of us. Because we can! :P
#49885 by oomg
Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:58 am
southsound wrote:I would guess that since 323 is central Los Angeles numbers go pretty quickly. ooma is probably a victim of its own success. I don't believe the website does instant updates - probably more of a batch update at night or something. From my experience with ooma for the last year plus, these are good people and the company really tries hard, in spite of some occasional dropping of the ball.

I was unable to get a number in my small town of Shelton, WA but when I asked if they could get me one it took less than a week and they had a choice of serveral for me. I would imagine that within a few days they will have those 9 numbers for you. We have seen many people need a number in their area have ooma order one and become very satisfied users.

And lest I forget, welcome to ooma! We're glad to see you here. :P

Actually central Los Angeles (aka "downtown" or the "Central City" area) retained the 213 area code while those in the surrounding area that had previously been part of the 213 area code became part of the 323 area code. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_323 and http://www.whitepages.com/maps/SCA

Depending on the users location, an adjacent area code could be selected an otherwise local callers would not be charged to call the number(s). Or, perhaps look at what Toktumi has to offer. http://www.toktumi.com/
If I recall correctly single Toktumi number can be used for up to nine extensions. $15/mo for either a local or toll free number.
#49976 by sholom
Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:10 pm
It is now the 9th and I'm beginning to think I made a big mistake with this purchase. Ooma Tech support has been back and forth with me. The answers I've gotten about why all 9 get this error are unbelievable. I'm told repeatedly that it is not the machine's fault but that of the service. Then they switch positions in the same call and tell me that I need to verify the mac address because the wrong sticker might be on the device. I reply "you mean that happened 9 times" ->I'm answered with total silence. Last night I was told to verify all of them again and that would make the devices work (even though there was nothing wrong with them). I then reply with "I've already confirmed all of them." I receive "Please do it again". My reply again receives silence when I inform them that I am an IT professional and what they are telling me is just to stall me and it doesn't make any sense why the problem would be on my end. Still waiting.....(I've since tried 310 area code numbers as well with no success)
#50069 by oomg
Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 am
What is you location zip code and local area prefix?